Audi officially announces their F1 entry with complete ownership as Audi f1 team.

Audi f1 team

Audi officially confirms their F1 entry with 100% ownership.

In the 2022 season, Audi acquired a 25% stake in F1 Sauber. Speculations arose that Audi might increase their ownership by 50%, resulting in a total ownership of 75%. However, during the third day of the free practice session at the Saudi Grand Prix in 2024, Audi officially announced their complete ownership of the current F1 Sauber team, holding a 100% stake..

Who will be Audi F1 Team head ?

Andreas Seidl has been appointed as the Team Principal for the Audi F1 team starting in 2026. Previously, Seidl served as the team principal for McLaren from 2019 to 2022 during a challenging period for the team. Despite the difficulties, Seidl successfully orchestrated a turnaround for McLaren, elevating them to the top order of the grid. Under his leadership, McLaren even secured a remarkable victory at Monza with the talented driver Daniel Ricciardo.

Audi f1 team
Image:- X

Oliver Hoffmann, the head of technical development at Audi said “I am pleased we were able to secure the services of Andreas Seidl as Audi F1 Team CEO. He is exactly the right man for our ambitious plan. Thanks to his broad experience from leadership roles on the manufacturer and Formula 1 team side, he will make a significant contribution to Audi’s Formula 1 project.”

Seidl responded by saying “I thank [Audi chief executive] Gernot Dollner and Oliver Hoffmann for their trust and am looking forward to leading Audi into Formula 1 together with a highly-motivated team as CEO of the Audi F1 Team,”

Seidl added, “We have a clear roadmap for how we want to become competitive in Hinwil as well as in Neuburg. We have ambitious goals. Realisation of them is in progress and will be further accelerated through the complete takeover of Sauber by AUDI AG.”

Know more:-

More article:-

Red Bull suspends female employee :-

1 thought on “Audi officially announces their F1 entry with complete ownership as Audi f1 team.”

Leave a Comment