A hidden file or folder is also a normal file or folder with a “hidden” attribute set. By default Operating systems hide these files, so that you can use this trick to hide files incase you share a computer with someone else. But you can see hidden files and folders by different means.
Hide a File or Folder on Windows
- Open Windows Explorer
- Locate the file/folder which you want to hide.
- Right-click and select Properties.
- In the attributes check the hidden
- Click apply and then ok
To view a hidden file/folder on Windows 8:
On Windows 7:
- Click the Organize button
- Select Folder and search options.
- Click on View tab
- Check mark on the “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”
- Click OK.