1. Click Start ->All Programs ->Administrative Tools ->Server Manager.
Figure 1: Server Manager
2. Go to Roles Summary, click Add Roles. Add Roles Wizard will start with a Before You Begin page. Wizard asks for verification of the following:
a. The administrator account has a strong password.
b. The network settings( IP addresses)
c. The latest security updates from Windows® Update are installed.
3. Select Web Server (IIS) on the Select Server Roles. An introductory page will open with links for further information.
Figure 2: Select Server Roles
4. Select the IIS services to be installed on the Select Role Services page. Only the modules needed. In this case, ASP.NET is selected, a description of ASP.NET will appear in the right side. Add desired modules, click Next.
Figure 3: Select Role Services
5. Add any required role services.
Figure 4: Wizard warning page
6. IIS now installed with a default configuration for hosting ASP.NET. Close to complete the process.
Figure 5: Installation Results page
7. Confirm that the Web server works by using http://localhost.
Figure 6: Default Web site