This is a basic guide to install Centos 6. Before proceeding to the installation make sure you have a compatible hardware resource and Centos installation CD/DVD. Put the Centos CD/DVD into the CD/DVD Drive .
» press F12 or Delete Key. Select CD-ROM Drive
» Change first boot device to CD-ROM in Bios Setup
Installation will start now.
- » The Setup willstart now . Select “Install or upgrade an existing system” and press Enter.
- » It will ask your confirmation for testing your CD / DVD media .Press Skip.
» Installation will start. PressNext .
» choose language (English) and press Next .
- » Again choose keyboard (U.S. English) and press Next .
» Now choose Storage device type. Choose “Basic Storage Devices” and press
- » It will show warning for using new hard disk . Press “yes, discard any data “ .
- » Type hostname and press Next .
» Choose Time zone and press Next .
» Type root password and press Next .
» Now choose “Use All Space” and press Next ( it will use entire Disk for CentOS) .
» It will show warning to creating partition structure on your hard disk . Press “write changes to disk” .
- » Now choose minimal in the list( Server Type : we can configure later ) and press Next .
- » It will start installing centos after checking dependencies .
- » After completing installation press Reboot .
- »Now you have successfully installed Centos . Type username “root” and password ( type root password) and press Enter.